Easy Peasy Pezuki Foods
This week happens to follow a surprise retirement I catered for my mom (the artist who's short film is posted in this blog below). When you do a solo mission to cater / host a party, you want to make the food easy to prepare and still gorgeous to look at and divine to taste. There were so many delicious niblets there, I had to choose more than one to post today! This Foodie Friday we will explore three sure-to-please finger foods that are easy peasy to make. (Note: my family called fingers "pezukis," not sure where that derived from, but its a fun word just like these fun treats). So put your pezukis to work on these easy peasy pezuki foods.
It's like a watermelon, prosciutto mojito salad bite!
(credit for the name goes to Jason Costanza; friend and mentor)
• Preheat oven to 325 degrees
• Cube watermelon
• Squeeze fresh lime juice all over watermelon so it marinates while you prep other stuff
• Use small mint leaves or cut them small enough to lay on top
• Bake the prosciutto till crisp - anywhere from 5 - 8 min. approximately
(*Watch carefully! It will heat up quickly and burnt prosciutto is the opposite of burnt bacon. YUCKO.)
• Break up prosciutto and put on top of watermelon cubes
• Add mint on top layer
NORWEGIAN SMOKED SALMON WITH SPAGHETTIED CUCUMBER ON TOASTED BRUSCHETTA CRISPS
• Grab your favorite Bruschetta crisps
• Cut smoked salmon to fit on top
Either use a peeler or the veggetti to create your spagettied cucumber swirls
• Layer as seen here
*For an added touch, add a dollop of dijon mustard and a sprig of fresh dill to the top. BAM!
PESTO STUFFED CHERRY TOMATOES
(pretty much sums it up!)
• Cut the tops of your cherry tomatoes and squeeze the seed out or cut out center with a knife (this is the most tedious part!)
• OPTION 1: Fill with just pesto (use your favorite recipe or store bought pesto - I use a basil pesto)
• OPTION 2: Cut honey turkey into short strips and stuff half the cherry tomato with the turkey and the other half with the pesto.
I hope you are able to have a chance to try out these fun, delicious, pleasing-to-the-eye easy peasy pezuki foods. If you add a couple dips, cheese & meat boards with a fresh baquette, you will have yourself quite an impressive spread.
Happy Memorial Day weekend!